Saturday, December 27, 2008

Am I Dated?

I always date my journal entries. I usually write the name of the month, but sometimes I simplify and use the 12/27/08 format. When I write it this way, it's scary how often I have to pause and think hard when I get to the year. This morning I wrote 12/08/..... and was oddly aware of my mind scrolling through the years to arrive at 2008. But I started- seriously! with 1986. That's twenty-two years I had to run through to arrive at the present! I'm not sure what this means. I'm glad I was finally able to remember the year without having to actually check the calendar, but still... it seems like I should at least be immediately aware that we have entered the twenty-first century!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home