Thursday, December 03, 2009

Another Birthday

This morning, I woke up with the line of a song going through my mind: "If it wasn't for the lighthouse, where would this ship be?"
I guess birthdays are a good time to reflect on our lives, so I have been doing that a little bit this morning. As the song ran through my mind, I thought about my life, and how, in my youth, I proudly thought I was totally on track and had it all together. Then I was confronted with Truth- and my need for a Savior. To continue the lighthouse theme, Jesus is the lighthouse, and He made a light shine on my life, and that light not only lights my way, it reveals dangers in my path- dangers I had been totally unaware of before. The song refers to the rocks of sin- and I had never seen the danger those rocks presented. I've made plenty of mistakes and wrong choices, despite His light, but He's kept me from shipwreck. I am so thankful for His mercy and love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home