Friday, December 23, 2011

Whew! This last semester was fast-paced.  Getting the kids and myself out the door by 7:15 in the morning was challenging in itself.  I like my new job, teaching at Shiloh Christian Academy, but it means a very early start to my days- and it's always still dark when I get up.  I've had trouble with that since we moved to Georgia-- the sunrise is so much later here than any place else I've ever lived!  But we managed for the most part. 
None of my college courses were overly difficult (I didn't take any math this semester!) but a couple of them were very demanding in terms of the work load, and I couldn't always pace myself well.  I didn't pull any "all nighters" but I did have a time or two that I was up way past midnight.  Maybe it's my age, but I don't do well with two or three hours of sleep any more, and I don't have the luxurious option of sleeping in past 5:30!
Time to write anything other than assigned work has been scarce, although I had to keep a journal for my Creative Writing class.  That was a really good thing.  Maybe I'll post a poem I wrote in that journal.  For now, I just wanted to get something posted-- and this is it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home