Wednesday, January 02, 2013

January 2, 2013: Beginning with Praise

Another new year.  This year I am turning my focus toward accomplishing some writing goals.  I have three projects that I plan to work on this year.  But in addition to those goals, I plan to post here at least once a week.

     I am amazed at how quickly time passes.  First I noticed the years passing more quickly, then months and weeks-- but now,  even my days seem to zip by, and I feel like I accomplish less than I used to.  I know this has been a recurring theme for me... but it does make me realize that I need to order my life according to priorities if I am ever going to DO the things that are important for me to do!  This doesn't mean I will pursue things at a frenetic pace, though-- I had that kind of life last year, trying to balance family, full time teaching and being a full time student-- and while I got through it, I know that one of my priorities has to be my quiet times.
     So I have a (flexible) plan to get those times built back in to my routine.  I'm thankful to have a few days now that the holidays are over to get my physical and mental space de-cluttered, reorganized, and ready to go. My focus verse as the new year begins is this:  (Psalm 50:23)  "He who offers a sacrifice of thanksgiving honors Me; and to him who orders his way aright I shall show the salvation of God."  The KJV says, "whoso  offereth praise glorifieth me...."
     So much begins with praising God-- and that's how I want to begin (and live) this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home